Friday, April 8, 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday: You and me


Postmarked April 13 1908 (I think) in Lynn Mass., and sent to Reginald Crawford, #810 Vanderbuilt [sic] St. Brooklyn, New York.

Message on the back: "thanks for the valentine it was very pretty.  Mamma has gone to England and I wish you were here with us.  Florence"

I think there is a love story going on here!  Note the labeling of the cherubs on the front.

I'm joining Beth for Postcard Friendship Friday.

Viridian

Remember: My meme Sunday Stamps opens again late Saturday night (USA time). Theme: Any kind of flowers.



10 comments:

Snap said...

yes, looks like there's a story here ... cupids for Easter ... who knew!!! :D :D :D Happy PFF!

Postcardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Postcardy said...

The cupids are reminiscent of Valentine's Day, but "you and me" must not have been very close if it took "me" two months to thank "you" for a Valentine.

Heather said...

such a lovely card.

MrCachet said...

Sorry Viridian that I haven't had a chance to play along with the Sunday Stamp meme. One of these days...

Postcard Perfect said...

Cute and sweet postcard and yes,I agree,there's a love story to tell. :)

Thanks for visiting my Postcard Friendship Friday.

Sreisaat said...

Awww - cute! The "you and me" label there reminds me of the "i heart you" carved on a tree.LOL.
I have to agree with Postcardy though ... what took so long in sending a thank you-reply? :D



Postcards Crossing

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's a very pretty card, though I'd say it was unusual to have snowdrops on an Easter card. No more unusual than cupids though, I suppose.

Cheerful said...

wow, been more than a century, it is a beautiful card, i can feel the love...happy weekend! -Postcrossing Mom

Aimee Dars said...

What a delightful easter card! So delicate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails