Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sunday Stamps #42

We move a little south in the Pacific. I'm headed to Australia, but New Zealand is possible too.



First, a dingo, one of the unofficial animal symbols of Australia.
Then a Maximum card (a true one!) of a lovely lady.  This is Madame Melba, circa 1902, painted by Rupert Bunny.  The painting is at the National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne.

We have come full circle around the globe.  I hope you are able to post stamps today from Down Under, or even from Antarctic territories. 
Our trip is done, and for next week, we will rest with the theme of anything you wish.

Viridian




7 comments:

Sreisaat said...

The dingo pup looks so adorable I want to have it as a pet! I have to entries for my two blogs this week, and one has the same theme as your s- art on Aussie stamps. Lovely painting on a maxi card!

Have a great Sunday!

Postcards Crossing
My Stamp Menagerie

Postcardy said...

I like your maximum card. I wonder if Rupert Bunny also painted Easter eggs...

Bob Scotney said...

Now I'm surprised - that dingo look more like a cat to me.
It will be interesting to see if anyone has any Antarctic stamps.

Lisa B said...

The maxi-card is beautiful!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Snap on the first stamp! The maximum card is wonderful!

Joy said...

I like the gramophone cancel on the maxi card, I have only heard Melba sing once, on a crackly old 75.
Thanks for this trip around the continents it has been so interesting to see everyone's contribution.

Dorincard said...

Very nice dingo stamp and maxicard! Very collectible/collectable...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails