Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sunday Stamps # 47

Welcome to Sunday Stamps # 47.  Today's theme is anything you wish.  I am sharing a stamp from the Cayman Islands.


This came from a tourist postcard sent by friends.  I am sure that in the Cayman Islands they are getting ready for Christmas too - it's just a lot warmer than the American Midwest.
I wish I could visit there, but it's not to be.  There are charms in a snowy Christmas - especially if it's with family.

Share with us what you wish.  I think you have interesting stamps that probably won't fit into a theme that you would like to share - yes?  Then scan the stamps and join us.

Theme next week: Stamps from the Great White North: Canada, Iceland, Norway, Finland, Russia, etc.  After that, we'll have two weeks of Christmas stamps.

                     

Viridian

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

I wouldn't mind spending Christmas someplace warmer.

Postcard Blogger said...

I haven't been to the Cayman Islands . . . . . yet :D

Sreisaat said...

Me, too, I haven't been to Cayman Islands... yet. And no postcard, too. But I like what you said... there are charms in a Christmas wherever you are... especially when you are with your family!

I have two entries this week :)

My Stamp Menagerie
Postcards Crossing

Marcie said...

This was the first time I saw a stamp from the Cayman Islands - and it's a really beautiful one.

Bob Scotney said...

Good to see a Cayman Islands stamp again after the one I posted some weeks ago.

Joy said...

Wonderfully detailed stamp I like the way the road draws one in, yes I'd like to walk down the waterfront at any time of year.

Little Nell said...

I know littel about the Cayman Islands, except that they often appear in alphabetical drop-down lists next to where I live - The Canary Islands. That’s a very pretty stamp though!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's good to see that they are more than just a tax haven!

Sorry to be so late - I have been out and about this weekend and I'm afraid next weekend will be much the same. I will schedule something and try to get online to enter my link.

VioletSky said...

aargh. I forgot to post my stamps this week. but next week for sure (since I am in the land of The Great White North!)

this is the first time I've seen a stamp from the Caymans. still a dream getaway for me!

Postcardy said...

I don't know whether it is just my computer or not, but your background images aren't displaying properly today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails