Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sunday Stamps #69

This week our theme is:
It will be just after Cinco de Mayo, and close to the anniversaries of the Liberation of Europe by the Allies in 1945. You could share a stamp from Mexico, or one commemorating the end of WWII, or the liberation of a non-European country, or expressing the theme of Liberation in general. Interpret this theme broadly.



I'm being quite literal here, but you don't have to!  I don't actually own this stamp.  I copied this image from a blog on the internet The Fire Wire.   This blog also has some information on Cinco de Mayo; so does Wikipedia.  I promise in the future I will show only stamps I actually own.  I look forward to your broad interpretations this week.

Theme next week:  It is Mother's Day in the USA, and in other areas of the world.  Let's share stamps of mothers and children; just children; just mothers (and Women's rights); children's art, even stamps that say LOVE.  I have a heart-shaped stamp that I may use.

Viridian

6 comments:

Postcardy said...

I am remembering the Alamo.

Bob Scotney said...

This proved to be a more difficult theme than I expected.

Alhana said...

Nice commemorative stamp!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's a very dramatic stamp. Like Bob, I found it not as easy as I thought.

Helen said...

I found this theme hard too! But I like a challenge :) I must admit, I had never even heard of Cinco de Mayo before!

Claudya Martinez said...

I have a magnet of this on my fridge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails