Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sunday Stamps #101

Welcome to Sunday Stamps.


It's week 101 and time, now that it is December, for some Christmas or Holiday stamps. I am sharing the secular stamps issued this year by the US Postal Service (they also issue religious stamps).


I have these stamps for my Christmas cards, but I am too lazy to scan them - so this is the USPS scan.  Santa and his sleigh and reindeer cruise over housetops on a snowy night.  I don't think there is much snow forecast for the USA - this December has been warmer than usual.

It's been a busy yet sad Saturday at chez Viridian.  I have the normal household things to do, but over everything hangs the sadness of the shootings at Newtown CT.  When will the gun violence and our obsession with guns end?  I worry for my own 3 children. Oh well, enough opining for now.

Viridian

Theme next week:  More Christmas/Holiday stamps!  I bet you have a few.



7 comments:

Maria said...

I love how the design is continuous over those four stamps! I miss participating in Sunday Stamps! :)

It's truly a time for cheerful spirits and my heart goes out for those families affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident. May the Spirit heal their hearts in time.

Postcardy said...

I already used some stamps like that. I did my Christmas cards early this week because my modem died and I couldn't do anything on the internet.

Bob Scotney said...

Much to my surprise I do not have any Christmas stamps from the USA. Love the interlinking designs.

VioletSky said...

Nice stamps. The snow is pretty and the images are so clear.

Ana said...

I must say I haven't yet seen this issue, and it looks cute! Unfortunately our Christmas stamp is not something which can be regularly used coz its denomination is beyond any sense....so no Christmas cards with Christmas stamps this year =/

Joy said...

A nice idea to have the story over four stamps, what fun to see which one appears on the envelopes plopping through the door.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Colorful stamps!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails