Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sunday Stamps #99

Hello, Sunday Stampers!

Holy Cow, we are almost there!  Almost to week 100.  I cannot believe I have been doing this so long, and with only a hiccup or two.

Anyway, this week's theme:   stamps with a message. For example, in the USA what we would call a PSA or Public Service Announcement, such as "Stop Smoking", etc. What are they called in your country?

 There has been a series in the USA of "Go Green" stamps.  However, what made me think of this theme is the stamp below.


I believe this stamp is saying not to make a game out of your life? Not to take a chance with your life? Can you correct me?  It's definitely asking people to obey the speed limit.  I like the design of the speedometer morphing into a gaming wheel.

Next week:  It's week #100!  Hurrah!  Let's share some totally awesome, amazing stamps or stamp sets, mini-sheets, anything you wish.  I've got to go through my collection and find something special!
For week 101, we'll do Christmas/holiday stamps.

Viridian

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

I think it means don't play with your life.

VioletSky said...

the picture seems to say don't gamble with your life - brilliant image.

Lisa B said...

I like roulette wheels, nice to see one on a stamp, I don't think I've seen stamps featuring gambling before, I mean not in this sense of a warning.

Bob Scotney said...

A very effective message.

Joy said...

Amazing we are at week 99, how time flies. Clever stamp.

Ana said...

Great message! Gives u shudders when you think that a split of a second can be fatal!

Helen said...

I agree - a very good visual message on the stamp you chose.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The stamps hass a great design and a clear message.

I went for road safety issues too! Well, the truth is that I could find little else.

Marcie said...

I also have a stamp from this series! Can't believe we made it up to 100, well almost!

Mail Adventures said...

It says: "Don't risk your life".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails