Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sunday Stamps #107

Hello and welcome to Sunday Stamps #107. Our theme is open this week and it shall be interesting to see everyone's contributions.  I wish to thank everyone who contributes - for the the first time, or every week, or back again after an absence.  It wouldn't be much of a fun Sunday without YOUR contributions.

Anyway, to start things off, a stamp that came recently in the mail, on a postcard from Germany.


The only thing I can find on the all-knowing internet is of a place in Liechtenstein, but why would this appear on a German stamp?  Is this a general name for a mountain hut?  The one shown does look like this one on the stamp. 

Anyway the stamp is here today because I like it, and I couldn't think of a theme to force onto it.  Maybe I will make this a suggestion for you: share a stamp that you like, that may not fit into any reasonable theme.  Or just a stamp you like!  Add your link below.

Theme next week:  Insects.

I am on Facebook too: just search for Viridian61. I post only when I have put up a blog post, and very little else.

Viridian

11 comments:

Postcardy said...

Your stamp is a “Germany-Liechtenstein Joint Stamp”. Here is a page that tells about it:
http://www.philatelie.li/en/stamp-issue-information/2012/germany-liechtenstein-joint-stamp.html

viridian said...

Thank you Postcardy for that information!

Ana said...

well, after every child in Liechtenstein, now *I* also know about Pfälzerhütte :)
Really lovely place!

Sreisaat said...

I agree, it is a beautiful place! After hours of walking, Pfälzerhütte is a great place to enjoy the view.

Postcards Crossing

VioletSky said...

Those would have been some tiring school outings to reach that place!

Joy said...

I love the perspective, sums up walking in the mountains of Europe.

Helen said...

Nice stamp, Viridian. And nice to have a free theme this week too.

Lisa B said...

It looks a very scenic area.

Bob Scotney said...

I didn't know they did joint stamps like this. It's good.

Marcie said...

I have received this stamp as well, but I had no idea it was a joint issue!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

France frequently has joint issues with other countries, something I'd never heard of before we lived there. The last I saw was the USA-France MilesDavis-Edith Piaf issue. I've never seen a UK joint issue but I may have blinked at the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails