Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sunday Stamps #123

It's Saturday evening, a storm is clearing away, and it's time for Sunday Stamps.


I have a cold, or something, and so I am not feeling my best.  A short post tonight then.  Our theme:

Stamps from Finland, another country well-known for interesting stamps.

Here is a great one:


You can just make out the Cumulonimbus capillatus title.  On the real card you have to turn the stamp to the light just right to see this, and to see some weather map symbols.  Great colors!

What stamps from Finland do you have to share this week?

Theme next week: It's Memorial Day in the USA.  Let's share stamps commemorating or memorializing someone or an important event.

Also:  Suggestions for future themes welcome!

Viridian



5 comments:

VioletSky said...

I also have a couple of these clouds stamps. and yes, it needs to be seen and moved in the light to be fully appreciated.

Joy said...

The cloud stamps are lovely but I agree to see in actuality gives them another dimension. Hope you feel better soon.

agi said...

i have brought a full box of cards to work to scan this week and i was sure some finnish ones would be there - hmm weirdly not so much..! looking forward to next week then :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I hope you're feeling better.

I don't think I've seen your stamp before, unless the ones I thought were the aurora borealis were in fact cloud formations, but I don't think so.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I hope all is well with you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails