Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sunday Stamps # 129

I am back from my 'geologizing' back east, and that went very well. Not so well: my dad got sick and had to visit the emergency room. I am glad I was there to help. He is fine now - just some adjustments to his medications.

So, it is late on Saturday, and time to post this week's Sunday Stamps.


This week's theme: Presidents and kings.  And I wish to quickly add, queens too.

 
Below is a stamp that arrived after my theme of unusually-shaped stamps:
 
 
This stamp from Thailand is honoring "The Celebrations on the Auspicious Occasion of His Majesty the King's 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary."  Speaking of royal birthdays, I wonder when Will and Kate's baby will make an appearance?
 
Join me this week and add your link below.
 
Theme next week, by suggestion: Birth, marriage, death, and other life changes.
 
Viridian
 
 
 

7 comments:

agi said...

thats quite an amazing stamp from thailand...i like this week's topic, the next one might be a bit tricky..! ;)

Postcardy said...

I have an older President stamp--Eisenhower.

Bob Scotney said...

You have added Queens and than show a stamp of QEII that I do not have!
That's a fine Thai stamp.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Suggestion for future theme,
Stamps from Asian Countries, Universities of the World. :)

viridian said...

Bob, it must be for international postage. I received it on a GB postcard.

VioletSky said...

Love the Thai stamp.
And these Machin stamps come in such interesting colours! I've never seen one quite so yellow before although it's an appropriate colour for her as she seems to favour it :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Yes the 88p stamp is for the worldwide rate - up to 20g for Europe so it will do for letters, but only 10g for the rest of the world so only very rarely will it be OK for letters.

Happy to hear your father recovered well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails