Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sunday Stamps # 134

It's mid-August and Saturday, so it must be time for Sunday Stamps.


This week's theme is mini-sheets  (or a whole sheet of stamps if you wish).
I immediately thought of this theme when I received an amazing maxi card from Dresden, Germany.  I'll just share the back with the mini sheet.

 
Wow!  Such detail of this famous painting (the Sistine Madonna) by Raphael.  Thank you  to a Postcrosser from Dresden.
 
I hope you haven't shared all your mini-sheets last week!  Please share this week if you can.
 
Theme next week: Wild animals.
Theme two weeks from now: the post, letters, post boxes, etc.
 
Viridian
 
 

9 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! Marvelous!! I feel like you're talking to me when you said 'I hope you haven't shared all your mini sheets from last week' - haha!! I'm laughing at myself cause I did get excited and posted 2 sheets on the first week of the month.

But I still have more sheets to share. Will link up in a few. ;-)

agi said...

this is gorgeous indeed, i have only ever seen the 'stamp' but not the whole sheet, great to have it :)

Lisa B said...

Beautiful stamp and minisheet! Those little cherubs appear in lots of places, but I didn't know where they came from.

Postcardy said...

It's nice to see where the detail came from.

Joy said...

A nice thing to receive. Those little angels lighten the mood of the painting.

M said...

I've seen some details of this year's Christmas stamps for Royal Mail, over on Norvic Philatelics blog :

http://blog.norphil.co.uk/2013/08/christmas-is-coming-only-130-collecting.html

I am not a religious person but I do like the 88p one (just as well as it is an international postcard rate one).

viridian said...

Yes those little angels or putti have appeared in a number of different places. thank you M for the link - beautiful stamps coming soon.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

A very large sheet for a single stamp, but very beautiful.

Beth Niquette said...

WOW!!! I didn't realize you hosted this meme. Wonderful idea.

I have a whole sheaf of stamps in my stuff. I'll have to get them out for scanning and join the fun. (grin)

Have a lovely day, my dear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails