Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 189

It is another beautiful fall day here: warm and sunny, dry, with a cooling breeze.  Just right for a fall festival, which is indeed happening in my town.

But now I am home form the park, and it is time to set up Sunday Stamps.  Our theme this week is anything you wish.

I received a postcard of Scottish castles, and turned the card over to find these stamps:


First of all, I am glad actually to see Great Britain hold together, although it would have been interesting to collect stamps from a newly independent Scotland.  How do my British contributors feel?

Second, about the stamps.  On the left is Emmeline Pankhurst, a well know and perhaps controversial figure in the British Suffragette movement.  Here is a link to a Wikipedia entry on her life, and one from the BBC.

On the right:  I am not sure what this stamp is to commemorate.

Please join me with a stamp of your choice.

Viridian

Theme next week:  se-tenant stamps.
Theme week after that: Anything you wish.


6 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Hello Viridian!
Glad to know you are enjoying a great weather there. Here we are experiencing monsoon rains. We woke up to heavy rains and flooded streets.

I don't know much about GB's history so I cannot comment about the outcome of the referendum. A lot of English people I know seem to be satisfied though.

The stamp on the right might be depicting old-school toys, like the toy robot, sailboat and a dollhouse. Kinda like the toys we used to play with back then!

Enjoy your Sunday!


Postcards Crossing

Bob Scotney said...

The toy stamp is from a set for Toys and Games issued in 1989 for the Europa theme that year.

Joy said...

Yes I thought about Scottish stamps too and as I only live about an hour's drive away from the Scottish border could have bought and posted from up there. A bit disappointed now there will be no stamps although happy that we are still together.

Postcardy said...

We are having perfect SUMMER weather here, although it seems strange when there is so little daylight left.

Lisa B said...

Lovely weather here too. Very nice stamp of Emmeline Pankhurst.

VioletSky said...

Well, I posted Scottish stamps (before reading your post!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails